About Us VA Companies Do I qualify for an IVA? Enter Forum Enter Forum
IVA Forum
IVA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums

IVA Advice Forum
 Relationship breakdown with “joint” IVA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MaddaD92 Posted - 16 Oct 2020 : 21:33:27
Me and my ex have recently split up and have an IVA which we both pay for jointly. I will be looking to move out and probably private rent which I know will be hard. My question is will the IVA company allow us to keep the same terms even if we don’t live together? We have both agreed that we want to keep paying the IVA as it is and just split the cost. Will the IVA company see a problem with this?

Thanks for any advice!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IVA Adviser Posted - 19 Oct 2020 : 09:18:07
Hi MaddaD92.

With a major change like this I think your IVA provider will want to reassess each of your new financial situations. It's your responsibility to let them know promptly if anything significant changes.

Your payment is based upon an affordability calculation. With the extra extra bills you'll have (due to there being two households) there is obviously the potential that your capacity to pay into the IVA may be affected negatively.

IVA Forum © 2011 - 2020 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.