About Us VA Companies Do I qualify for an IVA? Enter Forum Enter Forum
IVA Forum
IVA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums

IVA Advice Forum
 Company pension scheme

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Spook Posted - 17 Jan 2019 : 11:48:44
Hi

Are salery sacrifices towards pension or childcare vouchers allowed?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
IVA Adviser Posted - 17 Jan 2019 : 15:53:40
Hi Spook,

An IVA supervisor will decide based upon the facts of a case. It's likely to be a fairly low level though, as every pound paid into a pension is a pound owed to creditors that they will not get back.

If you earn extra income below the 10% threshold (that you can keep) you might choose to make a voluntary extra contribution yourself.
Spook Posted - 17 Jan 2019 : 14:11:49
Dear IVA Adviser
Thanks for the reply (all of them as a matter of fact)
I do know that there is no "one fits all" figure, but surely there is industry approved "reasonable fair amount"
What would be considered "fair amount" for voluntary pension contributions in relation to contractual annual pay?
1%? 5%? 10%?
Or is it possible the pension contributions, sip plan and similar class as "gain" and if it's under 10% with all bonuses and overtimes I'd be allowed to keep it?
IVA Adviser Posted - 17 Jan 2019 : 12:10:44
Hi Spook,

A judgment call for the IVA supervisor that you choose (or have chosen).

If you need childcare, this seems like an efficient way to go about it. It will probably be fine.

Pension contributions are likely to be allowed, but are also likely to be limited to ensure that your creditors are being treated fairly.

IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.