cold calling about iva
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tinternet
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2011 :  09:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of months ago I went on a couple of debt websites as I had a couple of questions about IVAs. Cannot remember which ones they were but there wasnt much information on them so I filled in the contact forms to see if I could get some help and answers.

Big mistake. Since then I have been getting call after call almost every day from different companies telling me to do an IVA or to do a debt management plan or to go bankrupt or to claim PPI or whatever. It just goes on and on.

Can someone tell me how to make this stop?

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

734 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2011 :  18:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the IVA forum tinternet.

There are some websites masquerading as being "debt advisory" in nature which in reality are purely set up for lead-generation. Once an individual submits their data the contact details are sold to the highest bidder who then hopes to contact you and persuade you to use their service.

One extra problem is that the lead-generator can sell your details to multiple parties resulting in many calls from different companies.

These types of website are generally quite easy to spot once you know how. They normally contain little information, have few pages, and have a large prominent contact form on the homepage to give them a brief summary of circumstances and your phone number and email address.

It's going to be tough to quickly stop these companies from calling though it should calm down in time. Answering the calls and demanding that you are withdrawn from their data lists might be a good starting point.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Beverley Budsworth
IVA Expert

311 Posts

Posted - 02 Jun 2011 :  11:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi btinternet - anyone calling you is obliged to tell you where they got your details from. As discussed above ask them to remove you from their database and gently warn them that if they do not comply you will lodge a complaint for harassment with the local trading standards officer. That should do the trick!

I am an Insolvency Practitioner handling IVA cases. To contact me about starting a IVA please:   ???
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.