Applying for IVA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riche
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  10:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently in the process of applying for an IVA, however, I have a couple of questions that are of a concern to me.

* In December 2016, in what I class as my last attempt to try and get my debt under control - I took out a Barclaycard (I already had 2, now have 3) and did a balance transfer to this.
* I also topped up an existing Natwest Loan which I had, in December.

I have been a banking customer with Natwest since 2013, I have an Overdraft, Credit Card and Loan with them.
I have been with Barclaycard for the last 3 years (my other cards)

Will this affect the acceptance of my IVA in your own professional opinion?

Thank you in advance

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

726 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  14:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi riche,

I'm afraid it's impossible to say for sure.

They might take a different view depending upon whether this was an obvious consolidation of existing debts versus, say, paying for a luxurious holiday while knowing you were unlikely ever to repay the money.

Basically though, in general terms, these firms (and their representatives) will be working to a set acceptance criteria where I doubt recency will be a major factor at all unless something obviously untoward had gone on.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.