IVA Advice Forum
 Salary sacrifice goods...?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hewie

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2017 :  06:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, me and my partner are thinking about a joint IVA but have goods from works salary sacrifice....will these good have to go back...? Thanks.

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  08:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hewie,

Could you tell us what sort of goods these are and provide an estimate of the value?

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

hewie

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  15:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi yes, we have 50" Tv and an ipad.......about half way thru paying for them. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  15:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much gets taken from your wages every month hewie?

How much longer will that last for?

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

hewie

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  17:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have an item each to pay for so about 100 a month between us and about two years left on them. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2017 :  22:11:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks hewie.

I'm not sure I can give you a definite answer here. Sometimes things just have to be put to an insolvency practitioner directly so that they can advise you whether or not they think it's acceptable (or at least they think your creditors will deem it acceptable) for you to continue paying for these goods for the next two years.

It's not an enormous amount of money, and it will not run all the way throughout an IVA, so maybe an IP will be OK with it so long as everything else fits together well within your creditor proposals.

Sorry this isn't a specific answer, but sometimes situations like this come down to a judgment call instead of a black and white rule.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.