New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Milky73
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2017 :  19:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening.

I separated from my ex 3.5 years ago, we had a property together which she continued living in with our children. I ran up debts after I left home and as a result got an IVA 2 years ago. She is now trying to push for a divorce and final settlement - the only assets we have are the property and my pension. She is not particularly interested in my pension as it is too far away for her and she she wants the house immediately i.e. 100% of my share of the equity, and some of my 'lump sum' when that is due. She is aware there is a charge on the house with the land registry and is seeking advice from her solicitors. Because of the structure of my budget, I do not have sufficient funds to seek advice myself (although my family have indicated they may be able to assist a little).

In general terms - is this something she will be likely to get - and if so, how would it affect my IVA?

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  08:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Milky73.

I think you need to speak with your IVA supervisor before you can work out a way forwards.

They'll want to protect your share of the equity in the house for the benefit of your creditors.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Milky73
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2017 :  14:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I thought that would be the case - have emailed my supervisor.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.