IVA and young children in our care
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wackker
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2018 :  22:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I entered into an IVA in February. Through a court order my partner and I became special guardians to two young children last year which resulted in my business going into freefall finally resulting in IVA. My question is this, we receive a weekly allowance to help with looking after these children under the heading "carers allowance". I disclosed this at the time and it now seems that the children are losing out because pretty much all disposable income is taken up by IVA. We can bearly afford new clothes for them. Should they have taken this allowance into consideration even though it is received in my partners name and into her bank account?

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

759 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2018 :  13:39:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Wackker.

It's sensible and common to take all household income and expenditure into account. The outcome of this process should be to leave your family in a position to live reasonably while also treating your creditors fairly. I recognise that this isn't what you're experiencing right now as it sounds like money is extremely tight.

Has anything changed with either your income or your bills since the IVA began?

How much allowance was made for clothing in the budget that was created for you?

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Wackker
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2018 :  15:05:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your advice. I am seeking the information at the moment from the IVA contact. I have checked through the contract but it only shows essential expenditure. More surprisingly the IVA contract which was photocopied and sent to me in the post is missing page 14 which I suspect has the other less essential expenditure on it. I will let you know the outcome and again thank you for your response
Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

759 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2018 :  09:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please do let us know what you find out Wackker.

Very happy to help you with this.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.