New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

circus
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2018 :  14:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I have an IVA that I had before meeting my wife.

We got married and are divorcing whilst the IVA is still in operation-and will not complete until end of 2019.

I am asking for a share of the property that she owns - for the time I lived there. If I get awarded a sum of money. Will this be taken by my IVA? I currently live in rented accommodation.

Thanks

EZ

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

760 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2018 :  11:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi circus.

I think that it's very likely your insolvency practitioner will require such proceeds to be paid into your IVA. It's an opportunity to repay more of what is owed to your creditors.

As always though, best to contact your IVA provider directly to get their view. It might inform whether it's worth your while pressing on this issue as part of the divorce.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.