IVA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

IVA Advice Forum
 Completed IVA and PPI - defined assets?!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lou375
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2018 :  15:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I entered into an Iva in 2009 and following horrific personal / family circumstances was left in a position that I wouldn’t be able to make further payments - so with assistance from family made a F&F that was accepted in 2011 and completion statement issued.

Now I’m being made aware of potential PPI that maybe have been on credit agreements prior to IVA (and not included in IVA) - my IVA was I believe with the standard wording of the R3 regarding after acquired assets but my personal proposals (which were agreed and what the IVA was based on) has a clause in it that states
“No assets are to be included in this proposal other than the above mentioned property”
(A property with a secured loan (mortgage) that I shared with my then partner.

Am I right I’m thinking the specific clause overrules the standard Iva wording regarding assets and any PPI payments would come to me or am I on a hiding to this not being the case and dragging a whole chapter of my life up that was very difficult? Can anyone assist?
Thank you

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

767 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2018 :  09:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi lou375.

I'm afraid we cannot specifically advise you on this point.

Your question is essentially a legal question about specific terms in your contract and which take precedence. We're not trained or authorised/regulated to provide you with legal advice.

You may wish to see if you can get advice from Citizens Advice, a local free law centre if you have one, or a solicitor.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?á      
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.