New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Daveyjlocker
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2019 :  20:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, looking for a bit of advice ;
Completed my IVA in January 2012, which included an unsecured joint loan with my ex wifeís from NRAM. After completion my credit files were all in order, however in June 2018 NRAM upd#8203;ated my credit file stating that the loan was currently in default.

My understanding is that 6 years after completion of my IVA any accounts shouldnít be on my credit file and that the default date should be the IVA completion date.

I have complained to NRAM and they refuse to alter the data, I have written to their data controller under GDPR (recorded letter) and heard nothing, Iíve complained to the financial ombudsmen and heard nothing.

This is having a significant effect on my current life and preventing me moving on, Iím getting to the end of my tether.

What else can I do? Are they in breach of the IVA agreement? Can I take them to the small claims court?

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance Dave

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

790 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2019 :  09:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave,

Northern Rock should have issued a default notice no later than the start of your IVA. It should be long gone by now as they dro#8203;p off your credit file after 6 years.

You've done the right thing complaining to the firm and the Financial Ombudsman. Hopefully the Ombudsman Service, which has been very busy, will investigate soon.

Your other option is to contact the Information Commissioner. NRAM has a data protection duty to report accurately to the credit reference agencies. If they aren't reporting fairly (which it doesn't sound like they are) this is a data protection issue and the Information Commissioner might be prepared to step in.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?Š      
Go to Top of Page

Daveyjlocker
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2019 :  17:27:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, many thanks for the advice and the reassurance that my understanding is correct. I think Iíll take it to the ICO .
Thanks
Dave
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.