New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

naygirl911
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2020 :  14:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there.

i hope the below makes sense and you're able to help me with some advice.

The creditors had accepted my F&F back in March 2020. My IVA officially finishes in July 2022.I had been told that it will take upto 6 months receiving the cert.(possibly longer what with Covid-19)

I would like to know if it would be possible to begin working on my credit score immediately (i.e using moneybox)? If i were to do so, would the credit score jump up once I'm removed from the register in 2022? Or would it make no difference and I should wait to work on the credit score after July 2022?

Many thanks.

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

803 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2020 :  09:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi naygirl911.

When do you expect to receive your completion certificate?

That's really the point at which you can start to take steps that will enhance your credit status over the course of time.

Your completion certificate is the end of your IVA as far as you're concerned. You'll come off the insolvency register 3 months afterwards.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

naygirl911
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2020 :  11:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, thanks for your response.

*My 6 year duration of IVA finishes at July 2022

*My Full and Final was accepted and I paid back in March 2020

*The company handling my IVA stated that i will receive my cert within 6 months from when i paid (latest Aug 2020)

My question is that as I will still be on the register. Will I be able to at least work on my credit score from Aug 2020? Or wait until I am officially off the register in 2022?

Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

803 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2020 :  09:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi naygirl911,

I'm expecting from what's been written that you'll be removed from the register three months after you receive your completion certificate. So later this year hopefully.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2020 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.