Credit file after completion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Calshanice

3 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2017 :  20:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening,
I commenced an IVA in Nov 2011, completing it in January 2016.I received my certificate and thought that would be that. I have checked my credit file and found that 2 of the creditors still show as having outstanding balances with the accounts in default. I have written to them twice with a copy of the completion certificate however, they still remain.
What else can I do? I am trying to get my credit file in order for November 2017 at which point the IVA should dro#8203;p off.

Secondly, in terms of boosting the credit file, do I have to wait until December 2017 to get a credit card. The aim is to use it for fuel then pay the balance in full each month.

Apologies but not sure where I stand as some posters got a credit card prior to the end of the 6 years and others haven't.

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2017 :  09:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Calshanice.

You should now make formal complaints to the lenders that haven't upd#8203;ated your credit file properly despite your efforts to ask them to do this. Complaining will usually result in someone which more autonomy addressing the issue you have highlighted.

I'd be surprised if some of the high interest credit card providers weren't prepared to offer you a card. Definitely don't do this unless you're 100% sure the balance will be paid off in full though as the interest rates are often punitive for those with running balances.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Calshanice

3 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2017 :  19:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have fired off as further letter in relation to the credit files, I will also make formal complaints too.
I have no issue now with credit, 10 years without any, it is simply to start rebuilding. I am 5 months shy of 6 years, even though the iva completed early months ago. Am I likely to be denied a card if I apply early? I am earning 2k+ per month so fuel bill will be repaid in full each month!
Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

742 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2017 :  12:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Calshanice.

The thing with credit applications is that you can only really find out by actually trying.

We've heard of people being offered cards much sooner after their IVA finished than your current position.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Calshanice

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2017 :  16:40:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All sorted and capital one card secured. Will use little and often and repay before balance due, hopefully this will help credit record!
One creditor has upd#8203;ated records, the other, nothing as yet! Formal complaint being drafted. Thanks for the help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.