ppi 3 years after IVA completion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

aido1608
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2017 :  17:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i completed my IVA in September 2014.PPI was claim and payed in to the IVA.I have now received a letter from Barclays telling me they miscalculated my PPI and have sent a cheque for 600 to the IVA.IS this right or should it come to me.

a p smyth

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

737 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2017 :  12:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi aido1608.

It's normal for them to send this payment to the IVA provider.

You may wish to contact your IVA provider to see whether they'll retain these funds to help repay your former creditors, or whether they'll forward the payment on to you.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Anna21
Contributor

13 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2017 :  17:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again, I am so frustrated I have been on here previously stating I paid my IVA and a final/FULL payment Feb 2015, Equality Finance had all my details of PPI's but failed many times to gain funds! I tried many times to ask DFD where the latest funds from RBS which are 10,000 Equality Finance should have gained, but did not! With 2 years passing even though I have asked DFD and Antoinette Thorpe Supervisor and received awful letters from her team really upsetting to be honest...so I need to know can I now get a reputable Solicitor involved with not knowing after asking SO MANY TIMES FOR STATEMENTS where MY PPI Funds have gone? Plus who is getting the interest on these outstanding Funds? I would not have needed to go through IVA with the amount of MY PPI's funds!!! So not good I am reading so my are depressed and IVA really has made their lives unbearable at times...so not right to treat people who have funds there waiting to be distributed in a timely manner and with respect......I look forward to positive guidance for others and myself..Thank you for your time need to move forward my credit rating taking a hit too with these funds still being with DFD after 2 years too!
Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

737 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2017 :  11:00:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Anna21.

The usual way to deal with concerns about insolvency practitioners is to:

1 - Make a complaint directly to them.

2 - If you're unhappy with the response, to take your complaint to the regulatory professional body of which your IP is a member.

If you prefer to contact a solicitor, that is your right.

Interest on client funds would usually be held for the benefit of creditors, not that it's likely to add up to too much the way interest rates currently are.

Why would this stand in the way of your credit rating? I'm not at all sure that this should be the case.

p.s. I have removed the comment you added on another thread as it didn't really fit in with the subject of that thread. You're welcome to re-post it in an appropriate place if you wish to.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      

Edited by - IVA Adviser on 11 Sep 2017 11:03:24
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2017 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435423.