Remortgage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Davyboy3006
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2018 :  12:27:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, we have had our IVA since July 2011. We have a mortgage with NRam and are stuck on their standard variable rate. This means we are paying over 200 a month in unnecessary interest as NRam are not offering any new deals. Is there any way out of this situation, I.E. remortgage with another lender or any other solution?
Thanks in advance
Dave

DWHill

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

761 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2018 :  16:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Davyboy2006.

If you're still in the IVA I'm afraid I think it's very unlikely that you'll find a replacement mortgage lender. It's also worth bearing in mind that a significant reduction in your expenditure is likely to result in your IVA payment increasing (all other things being equal).

If you've now been discharged from the IVA you may have a better chance. In these circumstances the longer you have been discharged the more options you're likely to have. Best to speak with a mortgage broker if this is the case as they're the experts on this topic.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

Davyboy3006
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2018 :  00:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks

DWHill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.