About Us VA Companies Do I qualify for an IVA? Enter Forum Enter Forum
IVA Forum
IVA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 IVA Advice Forum
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2018 :  12:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an IVA and my wife has a DMP with the same company. After my IVA had been running a couple of years I had to undergo heart surgery which meant I had to reduce my working hours and hence my income. In consequence the term of the IVA was increased by one year. I am now in the last six months of a six year IVA and my IP has asked me to obtain the relevant information with regard to equity release from the house we live in. The house is, and always has been, solely in my wife's name and she pays the mortgage. Her mortgage provider has refused to give me any information regarding the mortgage without her consent as I am not the account holder. Can my wife be forced to give consent against her wishes? Can my IP increase the term of my IVA again?

Thank You

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

762 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  09:02:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi jimpanalley52.

Equity release, or an extra year in lieu, are common for homeowners in an IVA.

It's irrelevant if you are not a homeowner though.

I think the focus should be upon demonstrating to your IVA provider that you do not own the home.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.