Ppi and iva
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Just Joined

1 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2019 :  19:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi been 3 years since my Iva ended and still they keep coming for ppi this ppi this and now they say with the law changing they can reapply to all my debtors for pp.

When will this end can I just say no no more

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

789 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2019 :  09:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

This is quite technical as it depends upon the precise terms used in your IVA agreement.

If it was based around "R3 IVA terms" then legal outcomes indicate that the supervisor has every right to continue to collect in PPI money.

There's an excellent summary opinion here:

https://debtcamel.co.uk/ppi-iva-green-wright/

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

MamaBear
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2019 :  16:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same predicament at the moment. My IVA ended last year, but I've recently had to complete and return PPI forms to a company who isn't my IVA provider, is this right? I'm quite sure Aperture claimed PPI when my agreement first started.

Since completing and returning the forms, I've been made aware that I can make a claim even if I didn't have the account details. I didn't think this was possible until a friend told me they'd done the same.
I had a loan (and paid it off) years before my IVA and I have sent a PPI enquiry to the provider of the loan but do I need to disclose it if I am due something back?

Many Thanks

MamaBear

Go to Top of Page

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

789 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2019 :  21:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi MamaBear.

As with our answer to Mark, it's a very technical issue regarding whether your IVA provider still has the right to pursue PPI claims.

Regarding your direct PPI complaint, there is a potential issue here. If the firm agrees you're due a payment, they'll almost certainly run insolvency checks before paying you.

If they identify that an insolvency practitioner might have claim to the PPI proceeds, they'll offer the payment to them first.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      
Go to Top of Page

MamaBear
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2019 :  15:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for clarifying.

If they do then fair enough. Once I found out you can make a claim with no account information I thought it was worth a shot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2018 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.