IVA Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

IVA Advice Forum
 Need some advice - will IVA be suitable for me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

MelHemm
Just Joined

2 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2020 :  15:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Need some help. I have got myself into debt and am struggling to manage repaying it. I owe just over #321;6500, between 3 debts. I lost my job in COVID and am now doing some freelance work. It sounds like an IVA is the best option, based on what I've read online, but I'm not sure if I can do that without a full time job?
Would I have a better chance if I did a part time contracted job, alongside the freelance work?? Do I need to have a job for a certain amount of time before I can apply? I was thinking of calling up these advisors my friend said she used - (LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN) to see if I will be approved, as they say on their site they will check multiple IVA companies to see if you will be approved, but I didn't know if that would negatively impact my credit rating if they don't approve? Like when you apply for a loan and its rejected?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the matter for me

IVA Adviser
IVA Expert

809 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2020 :  18:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the IVA forum MelHemm.

I've removed the link from your post, partly because we ask posters not to post links here.

I've also removed it because the firm you mention appear neither to be authorised debt advisers or insolvency practitioners. This means they cannot offer you or anyone else clicking through to their site any genuinely useful personal advice about IVAs.

Speaking directly to a couple of authorised debt advisers, or licenced insolvency practitioners, will enable you to work out whether an IVA is available to you and suitable for your needs. Doing this (getting good advice) will not harm your credit rating.

I am a professionally qualified debt adviser. To contact me about starting a IVA please:?      

Edited by - IVA Adviser on 27 Oct 2020 18:53:39
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
IVA Forum © 2011 - 2020 www.ivaadviceforum.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
IVA Advice Forum, Cardiff House, Priority Business Park, Barry, CF63 2AW. Tel: 02920 435423.