The subject of credit reports and credit ratings are common concerns for people thinking about an IVA, currently in an IVA, or who are looking to improve their credit rating after finishing an individual voluntary arrangement. The subject is often raised in our IVA Advice Forum.
Thanks to Experian we can offer IVA Advice Forum visitors a free trial of the “CreditExpert” credit report service. We selected Experian’s CreditExpert service for a number of reasons:
- Which? ranked it “Best Consumer Credit Report” in 2011.
- It was ranked top by Which? for “Credit Report Accuracy”.
- It was ranked first by Which? for “Information and Advice”.
- The content was described as being comprehensive and well-presented.
- The sign-up and cancellation procedures are described as being very good.
- It provides many addresses and contact details for lenders.
- They have assured us that your details will not be passed to other companies.
Some additional information that you should know:
- You can get a statutory copy of your credit report by post for £2. The relevant address details for the three main credit reference agencies can be found at the bottom of this page.
- We understand that Equifax and Callcredit also offer free trials of their services (see their websites for details).
- Credit Expert becomes a paid-for service once the free trial period has expired. If you prefer not to carry on using (and paying for) this service in the future, you will need to remember to cancel it.
- If you sign up to the trial via the link above a small payment is made to IVA Advice Forum.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the services provided by external parties. We therefore encourage you to confirm that the service is appropriate for your needs before signing-up.
Addresses for £2 Statutory Credit Reports
For additional details, or to facilitate an online application for your statutory credit report, please visit the websites of the credit reference agencies listed below:
Experian:Customer Support Centre, Experian Ltd, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF
Equifax: Equifax Ltd. Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
Callcredit: Consumer Services, Callcredit Ltd, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ